Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The first "Big Day"

Well, Thursday we are in court for little miss Eva.  By the way, that's not her given name, that is the name we will give her when the adoption is final.  It's crazy how I feel a little nervous and uneasy, however, all that is before us has been ordained by God.  When the sweet little boy Jesse, that we were fostering, was taken from our home after 2 months, I never thought my heart would heal.  It was like a death.  We've now had Eva for 7 months, and I can't imagine life without her.  In my heart and soul she is my daughter.  

5 comments:

Star Char said...

Dear Sweet Mia,
I'm reading your blog with tears in my eyes. What a journey. And it continues with the court date tomorrow. You are definitely in my prayers. What an encouraging story you are telling, even with the heartbreak of Jesse leaving. This is a new chapter and one that God is deeply involved in, as He is always. He loves you. He loves Eva. He is with you as you go into court tomorrow. Take things one day at a time. His mercies are new every morning. As I'm writing this to you, my spirit is encouraged as well. Greg and I have been married 10 years in July and I just never thought fertility would be an issue, ya know? But God is in control. Thank you for sharing your journey. Can't wait to see what happens.........

Star Char said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Star Char said...

Mia,
I'm praying for you and your family today. Please let me know how it went in court.
Love,
Char

Diane said...

Mia,

Thanks for sharing your blog and your wonderful Picasa photos. I'm so happy to see your Mother's Day photos. Your daughter, and family, are beautiful.

Next time you come to SF, feel free to stay with me.

Congratulations and good luck !

Diane Wallis

Sarah said...

Mia my friend,
She is beautiful!!! you are in our prayers, love JO