Friday, May 8, 2009

Can I play too?

Jeff as many of you know is what I like to call a "Renaissance Man".  He has an intense passion for music, recording, creating, and playing.  He has quite the large, what I like to call, old man pipe collection.  He recently took up crafting his own smoking pipes.  His most recent obsession has been the Uilleann Irish Bag pipes. The link will take you to his teacher's website where you can hear some beautiful Irish music played on the Uilleann pipes.  Below is Eva's first look at his newly arrived handcrafted Uilleann Pipe Chanter.  He waited two and half years for this pipe maker to craft him this beautiful chanter.  I don't think Jeff has ever been more excited about something.  He has a long way to go in terms of learning how to play the instrument, but he's determined and so talented in music I'm sure he'll pick it up quickly.

The second picture you can see that Eva is playing with Daddy's drill.  We recently purchased a shed, and she loves to go in there when daddy is working away.  I think she will soon be his little helper and maybe a "Renaissance Lady" herself.  


No comments: